HOW ANIMATION IS MADE – At Austin Visuals
We should say here that we get incredibly excited about creating great work. And, we like to talk about how animation gets made,
because (to us at least) the details of the process are fascinating and complex and we can make almost anything from pixels.
In Total Animation is created in about 18 different Steps. Since there are so many steps, we group these steps into 3 Separate Categories or Phases called ( 1. Creative Development, 2. Production, and 3. Post Production ) Animation is built in layers. Often Animation requires multiple artists to work on the same project. Once files are complete in one phase they generally get handed off to another artist or team to complete another step in the production. Team collaboration like this tends to look more like a relay race where one person hands things off to another individual once a step has been complete. With each new step you complete, since animation is built in layers, it becomes more time consuming to go back a step to change something in an earlier phase so getting what you want visualized in earlier phases is key to the success of your video.
Phase of Production Listed:
Phase I – Pre-Production/Creative Development
3. Animatic or Pre-Visualization
Phase II – Production
4. Voice Over Recording
5. Character Creation
12. First Draft
Phase III – Post Production
16. Special FX
17. Text/Graphics Overlay
18. Final Rendering and Product Delivery
If you want to learn about our 2D and 3D Animation Creation process in more detail, CLICK HERE.
YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED OUR PRICES ARE LOWER
If, like so many customers, you have asked for visualization bids from several professional animation studios here and abroad,
you may wonder how Austin Visuals can produce such quality animation at a lower price than others.
The answer is simple. Rather than charge you a portion of overhead for a huge corporate office, we work on a distributed talent model. Management is headquartered in our Austin home base and our Dallas office, but our artists come to work through their computers from all over the country. We’ve been doing this since 2007 with great success.
We are a quick, nimble, and collaborative team. We are able to improve our service very quickly compared to the competition because we don’t have layers of bureaucracy. We’re onto something because in 2017 it’s predicted that 1 of every 5 workers will do so from a remote computer in a shared workspace or home environment.
With our Remote-Virtualized Animation Studio structure, we can attract top-tier talent regardless of our location, your location, or the employee’s location. This means we give you:
- Savings – Overhead cost of Space + High Cost of Utilities do not get passed on to you
- Scalability – We have the ability to create productions that can compete with much larger firms. We can add additional artists as the project needs. You only pay for the artists you use.
- Higher Quality Art – Our Producers use experienced industry veterans so we are able to achieve a higher quality visual solution usually much faster than other studios and to spec since our artists generally have more experience in their field than other studios. Also if your project calls for a specialist we are able to add one to the team and do it much faster than other studios that do not regularly work with remote teams.
- Speed – Working with a Virtualized remote team model means over the years we’ve had some experience managing and paving the way for managing the process. The end result is we use state of the art tools to manage each animated production, and the usage of these tools have allowed us to increase our production speed 200% in the past 2 years. This allows YOU to get your animation sooner.
- Productivity – Although being in the same space has its advantages, it’s also a distracting workspace. People popping in on each other, can be disruptive to workflows. Remote working artists have a quiet environment where they can just focus on work. We have scheduled times where we check in with our staff to make sure the project continues to run smoothly. Through independent tests, we’ve generally found staff is much more productive working remotely. As you can see, Austin Visuals exist to bring your ideas and concepts to life. 2D or 3D, we can do it all! Call us today to discuss your Animation needs and request a quote. This example above is only a quick summary of our process, to request a more detailed Full-Report about our Animation Process : Call us at (512) 591-8024 or CLICK HERE to submit your request online.
Ready to chat with us about a project? CLICK HERE to Request a Free Quote, or call us (512) 591-8024.