ONE. – Make a great video.
We use 3D animation and 2D animation, motion graphics, and live video to tell your story.
What happens next? Here are five proven strategies to promote the great online video we just made together!
TWO. – Promote your video to existing leads, clients, and contacts
If you have a video to promote and an email list, make sure everyone on your mailing list knows about the video. Deliver an e-newsletter mentioning the video directly to their inbox. Though you can’t easily embed the video in your email, you can include a video thumbnail
THREE. – Make your video as easy to share as possible
Whenever you upload your video to services like YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, or others, make sure that the embedding or sharing options are enabled. Choose video networks that allow for other forms of sharing, including through social networks. The easier it is for someone to share your video, the more likely it will be shared.
FOUR. – Optimize your video for search
Here are three tips to help you optimize your video for search engine exposure:
- Use keyword-optimized video titles, descriptions, and tags for each of your videos.
- Create a page on your website to showcase your videos.
- Create individual pages for each video on your website, including the text transcript of the audio portion of the video.
FIVE. – Optimize and Share
Promoting your video across social media channels can seem a very daunting task. But it won’t be if you create a simple plan. Start with the main social networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+. Then think of additional ways to get specific people to notice. If someone previously asked you about a how-to tutorial, then tweet them @ their username on Twitter to let them know you just created it. If you mention other people or companies in your video, tweet them or tag them in your Facebook updates.
To summarize, here are the five things you need to do to maximize the chances that your video will be seen and shared multiple times:
- Create a video that everyone will want to share because it’s helpful, it’s funny, or it picks up on a current trend. Austin Visuals can help!
- Prepare a plan for social media promotion of your video across all major social networks.
- Promote your video via email newsletters (and your email signature) to leads, clients, and vendors.
- Make your video as easy to share as possible by ensuring the networks you use to host it offer social sharing and by embedding options on both the video page and embedded video players.
- Optimize your video for search so your video can be found by prospective clients searching for particular keywords or your brand. Additional Resources Want to learn more about creating viral videos and measuring the results? Here are some good resources:
Austin Visuals is a full-service 3D, 2D, Motion Graphics, Live Video, E-learning, Digital Publication studio. We’ve been creating digital magic nationwide for a decade. We work with companies of all sizes from startup to stand out. Call us for a free consultation. (512) 591-8094 firstname.lastname@example.org