We can’t speak for all 2D animation companies, but we can tell you the truth about ours –
At Austin Visuals we are absolutely in love with the way 2D animation can tell a story for very little money.
There are many 2D animation studios in america. That inspires Austin Visuals to continuously strive to offer the best value for your investment. We want to earn your trust and your business the first time, the next time, and the time after that. Our five star ratings and customer testimonials tell you more about our work than we ever could!
How do you choose the best 2D animation company for your project?
1. Make sure you can talk often and any time to the Creative Director
They are going to help write, imagine, produce, and guide your project. At Austin Visuals, that is me, Nancy Schirm ([email protected]). I have been creating great persuasive, motivational, memorable ads and stories for decades. The 2D medium is the most exciting visuals technique I have found for most stories because it is virtually limitless in style and scope. I listen, consult, suggest, respect, and guide your ideas because I am committed to your goals.
The goal for the Texas Association of Counties was to explain a new benefit program to their employees. This is what we did for them:
2. Make sure the technical aspects of your 2D animation are handled by the top people
At Austin Visuals, our CEO Matt Winters ([email protected]) is hands on with our artists to ensure every pixel tells your story. Matt started Austin Visuals more than a decade ago and has worked with companies of all sizes from startup to Fortune 500 in almost every product and service area.
Here is an example of what Austin Visuals did to aid employee learning at Boston Consulting Group:
3. Look at the work listed on their site
The 2D animation studios you are considering have work shown on their site they did for others. Do not worry if exactly what you want is not shown, that just means our idea is unique. At Austin Visuals we are often under NDA’s and can not promote work we ave done. With 21 different artists, we can emulate any style of animation you can find on YouTube or elsewhere on the internet – and probably for less than you can imagine.
Here’s a clip from an upcoming blockchain game we’re working on in 2D animation:
4. Make sure they how to write
Or that they can help you write a great script to take to final production.
When an ambitious young couple were starting their own business, they turned to Austin Visuals 2D animation studio to explain and promote their business:
5. Find a 2D animation studio that will believe in your dream as much as you do
Whether you’re selling a product or service, creating an explainer video, or pitching a whole new hero for a series on television, you want to make sure your dream is brought to life.
What are the best questions to answer in your project?
- What do you want your customers to know?
- Have you seen other animation you like?
- What do you want them to do when they see and hear your message?
- When do you need the production?
- What service or product are they using instead of what you offer (competitive research)?
- Who are you talking to?
- What is new or different or better about what you have?
- What is your brand identity? (colors, type font, logos)
- Do you want custom animation with special characters?
- Do you have a script or storyboard or can we help with those?
- Where are you going to show your animation? (YouTube, website, broadcast?)
- How long do you want the video to be?
- Who will be involved in all the reviews and discussions?
How much does it cost?
How much a 2D animation will cost depends on you. Our imaginations are unlimited, but we know that budgets are limited, so we counsel with you to create or refine scripts to maximize your investment.
Here are factors that influence price:
- Will we be doing custom, unique characters or characters already existing in some form?
- The number of characters (human or animal)
- What the characters are doing (running, facial expressions, movement)
- Will we lip sync to narration?
- How many professional voices will we need?
- Will there be sound effects?
- How many backgrounds or environments will we create?
- What is the duration of the animation? (Often a 2 minute video might have only 1 minute of animation while the remainder of the video features text scenes or graphs or something else.)
- How often do you want to be able to revise your video? (We allow 3 revisions without a cost increase.)
How long will it take to produce 2D animation?
That is also in your control. At Austin Visuals, we are available to you every day of the week from early morning until late at night. Custom animation usually takes between four and six weeks. Non-custom animation can be done in a week if you are in a rush, but there is a recommended 2 to 3 weeks.
If I have other questions, who do I ask?
Please ask us! You can reach us by email at nancy[email protected] or [email protected]. We are happy to do a no cost consultation and a full project proposal so you can see how much we promise to complete your work for. You can see many examples of our work here on this website.