How Much Does Virtual Reality Development Cost?
Virtual Reality Development Cost – There’s a lot that goes into creating a Virtual Reality Experience. First, we’d like to introduce ourselves. We are Austin Visuals 3D Animation Studio. We’ve been in business since 2007 ( for over 13 years ) creating custom 3D Experiences for businesses. In that amount of time we’ve grown and learned how to build our customers the best experiences for their budget. We thought we’d share some of our experiences and considerations in case you’re thinking of developing custom virtual reality employee training environments.
To start, remember that you are having a custom world build in 360 degrees. So the amount of items, objects, and visuals to think about is not simply what is in front of you like you would with a regular video production. You have to think about what things are going on all around the viewer at all times. In brief, some other key factors contributing to the virtual reality development costs are…
Virtual Reality Development Cost Key Factors:
- Length of Time or Duration of Production
- How detailed is the equipment in your project
- How do you want your objects to look? Realistic? Simple?
- Do you have a script, or know what you want to see in advance? If you don’t know this is ok, but this is an added cost.
- How many paths are there to a conclusion in your simulation? The more storylines or different paths to victory you have, the more it costs to make.
- How precise and accurate do you need your simulation to be? Does your training topic involve very high detailed technical interactivity or jargon?As an example, simulating a warehouse moving boxes will be much more simple and quick to create than simulating the environment for an F-35 Fighter Jet. In this example, the amount of buttons needed in the exact same spaces along with the text descriptions using to identify the areas could be in the 100-1,000’s of objects to creating vs a warehouse simulation which could be dealing with 30-100 objects at once.
How much Does Virtual Reality Development Cost?
Prices can range from $15,000 – over $1 million, depending on the time length of the experience and the amount of objects and interactivity needed within the simulation. Of course there are sometimes 100’s of factors that need to be considered to come up with an accurate cost, but hopefully these numbers are a starting ground. Once an initial training modual is made, let’s say for $50,000 to make your first training modual, then additional training moduals can be made for much less than the first. You can reuse elements from the original environment to lower future development costs. Maybe your furture training moduals cost $10,000 – $20,000 per modual.
Some companies have an annual training budget of $100,000-$500,000 per facility to train employees. This number is sometimes the numbers we’re familiar with that help facilitate existing training. Often companies are looking for ways to improve safety and lower overall training costs, which virtual reality does this. You can often see a 10%-35% reduction in overall training costs occur within the first 1-2 years. The cost of developing your first environment, is not often much higher than what you’re probably already spending on your existing training. It’s also great to go with a company that has been creating experiences for awhile.
If you’re in need of custom VR Virtual Reality Experiences, think Austin Visuals 3D Animation Studio.
Email us [email protected] or call us +1-512-591-8024. Austin Visuals can create these and deploy these experiences for you anywhere in the world or deploy them entirely hands off and remote. We look forward to discussing your project with you. We honor all NDA’s ( non-disclosure agreements ). Let’s chat!
UPS, Ford Motor Company, Walmart, Medical Schools, DB Schenker, The US Army, KFC, Marriott Hotels and hundreds of companies large and small are getting big benefits from the kind of Virtual Reality Training produced by Austin Visuals 3D Animation Studio.
Austin Visuals 3D Animation Company is proud to display some of our VR Safety Training created for DB Schenker an over 100 year, global shipping logistics firm that has over 500 facilities in Houston where Austin Visuals presented a VR Training System Demo.
Have questions? Have a project to discuss? Reach out to us to find out how we can help. Message us using the contact form below, email us [email protected] or call us (512) 591-8024 to meet with a member of our team today.